Thursday, June 16, 2011

Riots in Vancouver

Vancouver is my favorite place in my beloved Canada. Early in the previous decade I had the great good fortune to actually live in this most wonderful of cities for about 5 weeks. I wasn't even working - which made it even more glorious, of course.

With the exception of a slightly seedy area south of downtown, Vancouver felt like one of the safest places in the world as far as I was concerned. I can't imagine Canadians trashing their own beautiful city. I understand the voracious enthusiasm for ice hockey; I am a fan of the highest order! GO SHARKS! But riots?!?! RIOTS?!?!?!

150 people requiring hospitalization and something like 100 more arrested. And 14 police officers hospitalized?!?!?!?!?!?! Incomprehensible. Unthinkable in Vancouver, BC.

If you ask me, it must have been immigrants. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just can't imagine my beloved Canadians behaving like this.

I still love Cananda! Oh Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment