Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Funeral Today

The younger brother of a friend of mine succumbed to leukemia after nearly a two year battle. He was 27 years old. I'll remember him. His birthday is the day after Iron man's.

I remember people's birthdays. I don't make some huge deal, but I remember them. I remember all kinds of people's birthdays. I have remembered C's birthday every year since I met her in 4th grade.

Zeus went to the burial. They are a different flavor of Middle Eastern - actually since Zeus is South Asian he not Middle Eastern at all, but anyway... Not the same foreign language as Zeus. But his participated in the community of it and that is a great thing. I appreciate that he did this, since he really didn't actually know anybody.

Tonight I'll go spend the evening with the ladies. I know a few people who will be there, including his only sister. The sister is my friend. There will be a lot of foreign language going on, but that's okay. Sometimes all that's required is the comfort of your physical presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment