Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Other News... IBM

Was born 100 years ago today. Its was a merger of 4 separate companies. One of the companies made cheese slicers :-)

Big Blue has been a big part of my life. I've never actually been employed by them personally, but my father spent something on the order of 40 years of his career there.

They paid for my braces. Thank you Mr. Watson.

I almost worked for them about a year and a half ago, but instead of being acquired by legions of folks in blue suits, my faltering establishment was snapped up by an aging billionaire playboy trying to live out his dream of being even greater than IBM; Complete.

But I digress...

IBM shaped our world in ways that most people don't even realize. They are a great company, to be studied and respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment