Friday, May 27, 2011

It Was a Great Title

and it would have been a great post. But I can't remember what I was thinking about in the shower :-)

The title was that of a U2 song, but I can't remember now :-)

U2, without exception, is the greatest band of all time. This has nothing to do with politics and opinions about world issues, this proclamation is about their music. I grew up with them and I love them. Their music moves me - makes me sing at the top of my lungs and makes me feel like I with an old friend. A couple of their albums didn't do much for me, but most of them are what I consider to be the most classic. Second to them, so close he/they are really kinda co-first place really, is Sting/The Police. More old friends with whom I sing the most passionately.

BTW - I know Bono comes off a bit "over the top," but he has passions and they make news and they do highten awareness. I believe he

Ah! That was it, a posting about my beliefs. In a moment or two I'll remember the title of the post...

Anyway, I believe that he is motivated by true concern and not by the opportunity to see his name in print.

Truly, though, can you image spending most of your adult life as a person who has the guts to walk into a stadium filled with tens of thousands of people and stand before them and sing. And the paparazzi... To be able to be productive under those circumstances dictates that you gotta be a little different than the rest of us. These people are brave, and when they shine their light on misfortune we do, in fact look. And most of us are inspired. Its okay that they are special. Our world needs that.

You can call me a bleeding heart liberal, its a badge of honor in my book. But I like to think that us liberals are learning to examine the misfortune *and* the realities of how our world works and try to work within the systems to bring fortune to those who so desperately need it. Liberals aren't stupid. Perhaps somewhat idealistic, but many are learning to somehow bring the cogs of the wheels together in a a way the moves the machine forward and not in a way that brings things to a deadlock.

All of us on the planet are learning. Our souls are evolving. As it should be.

Amen.

Hey! Its Friday! I gotta go check on my haiku topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment