Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Compound Words: Jack + _______ = jack___

Tinker Bell is learning about compound words. Her homework last night included a rather lengthy list of "prefixes" to which she must add the second word to create a compound word. I am sure you know where I am going with this... Especially if you know me and some of my drunken-sailor speech patterns :-)

As I watered the roses out front, Tink worked on her homework in the kitchen. When she could not immediately think of a word to use to create a compound word, she would call out to me, "Mama, what goes with..."

After a few minutes she called out, "Mama, what goes with jack?"

I could come up with nothing else but a$$. Fortunately I didn't blurt it out. But truly, I was stumped.

I gave myself a really good laugh. It was a very peasant evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment