Thursday, May 5, 2011

Google Is My Friend

And without it, I would be sunk. But because of it, I spend entirely too long reading about stuff I would otherwise have only found on a trip to the library, because that is where people used to go to find stuff out before there was Google.

Furthermore, I tend to more or less believe what I read in the articles I find on Google. I forget that these folks aren't fully, properly vetted and their information isn't painstakingly fact-checked. Whereas, if its in Encyclopaedia Britanica (excuse me for a moment while I Google the word encyclopaedia to be sure I spelled it correctly because I don't trust the spell checker in this little window. Hey! I spelled it right on the first try! This is huge for me.)

Anyway, if I couldn't Google every time I needed to figure out how to do what I do for a living, I wouldn't have this terrible job that I don't actually know how to do.

Google is my friend.

We went shoe shopping this evening. Zeus has decided that I am pretty, and I must dress pretty. At all times. For myself, I don't much care. Jeans and t-shirts are fine. But Zeus says I am wasting myself. So I chose some new shoes. Actually, he chose them. Its kinda like my glasses (which I actually don't wear any more because I finally found contacts that are super comfortable, but I digress), I figure he's the one that has to look at me, so I might as well choose something he likes. Same with the shoes.

After we settled on the shoes, which was easy actually, I wondered over to the display of what I can only describe as street-walker shoes. They are platform shoes with 4 inch heals. Most of the displays were size 7, but there was a pair that were a little larger (TIM - I have long, narrow feet - not always easy to find shoes, actually!), so I threw them down on the floor and wiggled my larger food (my right foot is a complete half size bigger than my left) into the shoe. It actually was amazingly comfortable. So then I put the other one on. Zeus saw what I was up to. He said he liked them and that I should buy them.

I am going to a wedding at the end of the month and I will debut my street-walker shoes then. No one will care what I am wearing, they will be stunned into admiration when they see me in those shoes.

Maybe I'll take a picture of them and throw it out on flickr. The only problem with that is then you get all the sicko-stalkers.

This is the second day in a row that I've digressed into a discussion about stalking. And, WOW! have I digressed from discussing my dear friend Google.

Tomorrow will be haiku Friday. Yippy! Maybe I'll also use tomorrow as a round up of all the stuff I said I would post on and then didn't - or at least didn't do justice to. (Yes, I know. Don't end a sentence with a preposition. But I did. I can. I am letting it stand. This is my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment