Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well Done

So many things have turned out differently than I could have ever imagined. R. often reminds me of a time, nearly 20 years ago when I was concerned that if I married him I'd never go on a vacation or travel. Needless to say, we've traveled the globe together and savored every minute of it.

But that's not where I was going with this post when I started it...

Tea. Chai. I never gave a hoot about it until I met R. And boy did he give a hoot. Still does. And I have learned... According to R. there's no one in the world, not even his mother or his aunt, who can make a cup of tea as satisfying as mine.

And I give a hoot now. A very serious hoot. I seek out the best tea, boil the water and let it rest. I haven't made tea with a tea bag in at least 18 years. I know exactly how much half and half to add to his tea. Its always the perfect dark caramel colour. And its always hot.

I make good tea because it makes him happy. A good cup of tea usually settles any differences we may have.

It all comes down to tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment