Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Awful

How could I forget?!?!?  E had her annual pumpkin carving party last Saturday.  We got together at least three different times and pored over a magazine she had that was full of ideas.  I chose to make a Pumpkin Tiramisu.  I thought it sounded great.

The short story...  It wasn't great.

It was, in fact, Pumpkin Awful.

The long story...  The recipe was so poorly written that there weren't enough ingredients...  or too much...  Too much pumpkin pie-type innerds, not enough whipped cream,  too much coffee with pumpkin spice...  not enough lady fingers...  And the recipe called for 4 layers, divided stuff into 4ths, and then there was only room for three layers, and the picture was only three layers.  I ended up with left-over stuff.  And that stuff was just garbage because it was awful anyway...

Everyone was really nice about it. They said the liked it. And I wasn't putting on a show...  It was awful and I thought so and I said so...  Repeatedly.

Pumpkin Tiramisu... Don't try it.  You won't like it.  Its Awful.

But life is still good.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment