Monday, January 10, 2011

So.Much.FUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Really!

Yesterday afternoon I took the kids to the local ice rink, where they take lessons, for free skate time. I rented a pair of skates, too. I figured after watching these lessons for a year, I kinda maybe could get out there and give it a whirl...

And I had So. Much. FUUUUNNNN!!! I had to take it kinda slow, but after my first lap around the rink, I moved away from the wall and really started to skate. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but I don't care! S & Z skated around and around and came up to me to see how I was doing. Z give me a thumbs-up a couple of times! We skated for over an hour.

Yes, I fell once on my left hip. Seems I'll live, though. I remembered what I saw them teach about how to get back up, and I had no trouble at all - I was back on my feet in no time!

It was such a rush! We can't wait until next week to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment