Friday, February 4, 2011

Snakes

So Z. is invited to a birthday party this weekend. the entertainment is going to be snakes. Some guy parlayed his love of reptiles with his love of money and now he runs all over the known universe with his snakes teaching and entertaining people. Except for the snake part, I am jealous of him :-)

Snakes. The other thing in this life that viscerally freaks me out. Its got nothing to do with Indian Jones - I have been freaked out by snakes my entire life - and while I am not as old as Harrison Ford, lets just say that I can remember when he was young and sexy :-)

Anyway, snakes freak me out. They scare the hell out of me. Maybe I had a life that ended badly due in large part to snakes... I don't know, but they just freak me out to a point where I shrivel and can't control my urge to flee. Nor can I control my blood pressure. My heart races and my whole body just seizes.

Although, I must admit, thinking about it is not as bad as thinking about how afraid I am of heights. *That* truly makes me sick just thinking about it. Its an anguish that makes me want to lay down in the dirt and dig my fingers into the ground and hold on for dear life.

Back to snakes... They are an issue.

I have to stop writing now. I don't know how I am going to survive this party on Sunday. I wish we had Super Bowl tickets (I don't like football, but at least I am not afraid of football players!).

No comments:

Post a Comment