Friday, September 9, 2011

Refreshed and Revived

August sure was one busy month. So much vacation! It was awesome. And awesome for my soul. I feel better prepared to take on the world. And I have some big plans. Fueled, of course, but the invigorating new music of my life - Yes, I remain completely in love with and in awe of Mark Knopfler. In the mean time, on the homefront, the children are back in school - Z. is in kindergarten now. He's doing awesome. S. is in 2nd grade and loving it. She's so smart - she makes learning look effortless. The night before last she wrote a three page story about me and my best friend, Carla. Three pages!! She's not even 7 years old! And she reads at the 5th grade level. She'll be reading at the high school level by the end of this school year. If you can read, the world is yours. Literacy is the key to all things. I've missed many a haiku Friday, but I'll get back on the wagon next week IA! My heart is happy - I hope yours is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment