Friday, March 11, 2011

I hugged Them Tighter

Last night I laid down to sleep just a little before 11PM. I turned the radio on to catch the news before going to sleep. As I listened I realized something awful had happened. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my computer. I immediately got up to speed as the events of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My sister-in-law is in Tokyo because her mother is in the midst of open heart surgery (she had a valve repaired about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday needed to have a pace maker installed). I was very concerned.

I called my brother-in-law in New York to wake him and tell him. I emailed my SIL, her sister and her Brother-in-law. After 20 minutes I heard from my brother-in-law-in-law (!) that he was in a meeting in Yokohama when the quake hit. He'd not yet heard from his wife or our sister in law. This morning My BIL e-mailed that he heard from his wife and that all are well and safe.

I am so sorry for the thousands of people and their families who are not so fortunate today. I can't imagine the suffering and loss.

I held my children tighter last night and again this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment